As an Electronics Technical Engineer in the Tune and Position Measurement Section, your main task will be to develop and maintain the electronics related to beam position measurement. The initial emphasis will be on the upgrade of the Super Proton Synchrotron beam position measurement system and consolidation of the beam position system of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).
The job will involve:
* The design of digital acquisition electronics based on field programmable logic-based devices (FPGA).
* The design of front-end acquisition systems using electro-optic components.
* The design and test of radiation resistant electronic components.
* Test and installation of these electronic acquisition systems in the machines.
Bachelor in the field of electronics engineering, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
* Demonstrated experience in the field of electronics engineering with emphasis on digital electronics design.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
* Digital circuit design, modelling and simulation: analog circuit design, modelling and simulation would be an advantage.
* Design of electronics based on field programmable logic-based devices (FPGA).
* Design of digital signal conditioning and processing electronics.
* Digital circuit testing and measurement techniques: analog circuit testing and measurement techniques would be an advantage.
Founded in 1954 in Geneva, CERN - the European Organization for Nuclear Research is the world's most advanced fundamental research institute for particle physics. Over the last 50 years, it has become a prime example of international collaboration with currently 20 member states.
Please note that we only accept applications from CERN Member State nationals.