As an Electrical Engineer, you will actively take part in the consolidation and the renovation of the power distribution network of CERN. You will be the driver of the design and implementation of CERN's power distribution network for the future. Further, you will manage project teams of well-trained electrical engineers and technicians, and provide technical expertise and guidance for large electrical projects.
* Carry out conceptual design and check detailed design for new electrical installations.
* Carry out or check electrical load analysis, equipment sizing, calculation and selection.
* Manage the development, financing, operations and maintenance of electrical distribution networks.
* Manage and participate in multidisciplinary projects involving civil engineering, ventilation, cooling and power distribution in compliance with safety and industrial quality standards.
* Take part in the preparation of the medium and long-term strategies for the development of CERN's power distribution network.
* Establish and implement appropriate safety policies for the power distribution networks.
* Represent CERN in contacts with the respective power suppliers.
* Represent the Electrical Engineering Group in meetings with users.
* Maintain a close relationship with equipment and operation groups.
* Coordinate large technical studies related to the power distribution systems.
Master's degree in the field of Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, preferably with a PhD.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
* Experience in the design and management of high-voltage power networks for a large industrial site and in the operation and maintenance of power networks.
* Project management skills, including team management, financial management, work planning and priority setting.
* Experience in the design and management of low-voltage power networks would be an asset.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
* Design of HV network & substations.
* Commissioning, maintenance & operation of electrical distribution systems.
* Design of LV network & switchboard: would be an asset.
Founded in 1954 in Geneva, CERN - the European Organization for Nuclear Research is the world's most advanced fundamental research institute for particle physics. Over the last 50 years, it has become a prime example of international collaboration with currently 20 member states.
Please note that we only accept applications from CERN Member State nationals.