This job is no longer available
Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Assembly, Hamble
£Competitive & Excellent Flexible Benefits
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) demonstrates expertise and leadership within the manufacturing engineering segment of the business. In this role the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will utilize his/her experience and expertise to solve problems, guide/lead teams & colleagues on specified projects and have the ability to effect short term and long term business goals. The role will operate within the assembly engineering function covering a range of aircraft structures, programmes and customers.
At GE Aviation Systems, we’re reengineering the sky. From our work on flight efficiency services and integrated avionics to our innovations in integrated electric power and propulsion systems and SmartGrid on aircraft, GE Aviation is dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead.
As Senior Manufacturing Engineer you will:
- Exhibit good leadership skills including Coaching, Mentoring and Team engagement and have experience in managing a team of manufacturing staff, ensuring goals and objectives are met
- Lead and Support New Technology Initiatives (NTI) and justify capital investment. NTI and equipment upgrades
- Facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria / equipment, lean methodologies.
- Lead/support training activities within the manufacturing environment.
- Preferably degree qualified or equivalent experience in a Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering related discipline.
- Demonstrable manufacturing engineering experience and strong project planning skills.
- Proven skills and experience within assembly of machined / sheet metal components
- The ability to create engineering instructions.
- Excellent level of computer literacy, in particular MS Word and Excel and experience of business systems such as MRP, Computer Simulation, CAD, CAM etc.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrable teaming and influencing attributes.
- EHS and Lean Six Sigma qualifications to Green Belt level
- Sound working knowledge of manufacturing engineering process and methodologies for assembly operations as well as an understanding of composites and metal machining/fabrication.
To be considered for the roles please select the apply button and apply via the GE Career site.
Should you have any technical difficulty or require further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org