Technical Support Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Department on a permanent basis.
We are a leader and innovator in GRP products for building and construction as well as other specialist markets including oil and gas, chemicals, marine, transportation and others. Our forward-thinking Company is committed to sustainability in all areas of the business.
The Technical Support Engineer will contribute the overall efficient company operations by delivering the provision of technical support to resellers, contractors, designers and the internal sales team in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
The Technical Support Engineer will also have or be able to develop a thorough understanding and control of all relevant standards and building regulations to ensure that our products are compliant with the requirements of the standards and regulations.
Working within a team and in conjunction with other departments of the business, you will carry out functions as directed by the Technical Manager to ensure that you contribute to department output which meets the demands of the customer both internally and externally.
Key capabilities to include
· Provide technical support by telephone and email to customers, contractors and other Filon departments
· Interpret drawings and specifications
· Provide site technical support as required
· Create technical drawings as required using AutoCAD and Solid Works
· Ensure that CE marking and product testing is compliant with the relevant European and National Standards
· Assist Quality and Production Departments to ensure that the products manufactured are compliant with the requirements of the relevant European and British Standards and UK Building Regulations.
· Engineering degree or equivalent
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· The ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and from diverse backgrounds, sectors and business types
· Strong IT skills to include the use of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Solid Works
· Have the practical experience necessary to fulfil the core roles and responsibilities
· Have a thorough understanding of the markets and products that the Company is involved with
· Have a head for heights – off-site visits will be required on an ad-hoc basis
· The ability to read and produce technical drawings
· A confident self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Knowledge of the roofing and construction industry
· Have an approachable and friendly nature
· The ability to read and understand documents such as European standards and building regulations, re-write the relevant elements and disseminate the information
· Have some practical ability with the use of construction products
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week. Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.00pm Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm
In return you will be offered entrance to the Company profit related pay scheme, pension contribution, generous holiday allowance and free on-site parking.
Salary competitive dependant on skills and experience
Apply now to join our Company during an exciting period of growth