Senior Structural Engineer / Civil Engineer
Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Location: Chatsworth Hall, Matlock
Salary: £35,555 - £38,728 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full time (37 hours per week)
Closing date: Sunday 24th February 2019
Provide a high quality design and engineering service a part of a single discipline or multi-disciplinary project team. Provide professional advice within specialist area of expertise, including inspection and assessment of existing buildings structural condition.
They require an experienced Structural Design Engineer, with knowledge of public building and school design, new build and refurbishment, to join our busy multi-disciplinary design team. Projects will range in value from £100k to £2m.
* Ability to produce structural designs with a range of construction materials, such as timber, masonry, structural steel and reinforced concrete
* Inspecting and assessing existing buildings and report with regards to structural condition
* Provide expert professional advice regarding the suitability of existing buildings with regards to proposed development or change of use
* Provide expert professional advice in the event of emergency incidents
* Provide a high level of technical sufficiency within the Structural Engineering Section to deliver large and varied projects
* Provide high quality professional advice to the Council regarding the suitability of existing buildings with regards to proposed development
* Review and update technical standards, office procedures, construction techniques, and use of materials to ensure that specifications and schemes prepared by the Division reflect best practices with continuous improvement
The Audit Services Unit has full operational independence within the Council and is an established provider of the full range of internal audit services to the Corporate Authority and its Strategic Directors. You will be involved in a wide range of reviews including:
* Financial and operational systems
* Appraisal of IT systems controls and compliance with relevant legislation
* Project work aligned to the Council’s significant risks
* Proven significant post qualification experience
* Experience of leading the structural design of projects and managing supporting staff
* Experience in the surveying and repair of building structures
* Experience of geotechnical investigations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal and human resource management skills
* Excellent work planning and organisational skills
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* Good leadership qualities, including the ability to lead by example, manage, motivate and support a diverse range of technical and professional staff
* Ability to identify problems, initiate solutions and ensure appropriate action is taken
* Extensive specialist theoretical and technical knowledge of structural analysis and design procedures
* Good understanding of the use of specialist structural calculation software and CAD drafting
* Knowledge of building construction (current and historic), structural survey techniques, investigations and repair of building defects
* Knowledge of relevant legislation
* Level 6 Institution-accredited degree in civil or structural engineering, or an Institution approved equivalent qualification
Applicants should hold a relevant qualification and be able to demonstrate current experience of audit, regulatory or compliance work.
You should have a proven record of achievement and the ability to work both on your own initiative and as part of a team delivering sensitive/ strategic audit assignments/ investigations/ project work to a high standard, within assigned budgets across the full spectrum of services.
Please click on the APPLY button to access the Council’s careers page and complete the application.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Senior Structural Engineer, Senior Civil Engineer, Senior Steelworks Engineer, Mezzanine Flooring Engineer, Senior CAD Engineer, Civil and Structural Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer may also be considered for this role.