This job is no longer available
Industry Sector: Facilities, Manufacturing
A new vacancy has arisen for a Product Support Engineer. You will be working for an organisation that has been manufacturing and supplying a high quality range of products and solutions for the treatment and cost effective management of water for over 30 years. We develop, design, manufacture and distribute innovative washroom control products including water saving and efficient hydraulic and infrared urinal flush control valves, hands free hygienic WC flush valves for industry, the public sector and the commercial and domestic environment.
Due to continued demand for our products & a higher work flow, we now require a Product Support Engineer to join our team. The role will be both varied & interesting, working within an R&D department comprising of a Design Engineer who reports into the Engineering Design manager. The vacancy is for an additional role to support the existing Design Engineer & product range in the field and through production.
• The Product Support Engineer will report into the Design Engineering Manager based at our main site.
• The core role will be to support existing products through manufacture and in the field to ensure design intent, quality and compliance with relevant standards.
• Identify and resolve product issues that may include performance robustness, supplier quality, manufacturing efficiency, ease of use and installation. This will be achieved through developing and maintaining a quality plan, product design, sourcing of new components, working with existing suppliers and exploring new sourcing options.
• Design and develop extensions to the current range of products.
• Verify product designs through robust testing and field trials, both new product development and changes to existing products.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant standards and legislations such as: WRAS, CE, REACH, WEEE, ISO9001, ISO14001, and relevant industry specific approvals such as: LPC, ECA-WTL, BMA WEPLS.
• Create & maintain a quality plan for every product; this will incorporate quality procedures at every stage of the product life cycle from supply of components and raw materials, through manufacture, testing and customers returns.
• This role is a hands-on engineer position and will get actively involved on the shop floor, working with employees to identify any issues and identifying and implementing permanent solutions.
• Work closely with Production to ensure all manufacturing documentation is up to date.
• Work closely with Technical Service to track all field issue and returned products
• Manage the audit of production quality by maintaining test and inspection procedures and ensuring compliance.
• Ensure all drawings and issue numbers are up to date and reflect current component specifications
Skills & Experience:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, or Product Development and fully conversant with engineering principles.
• Full understanding of the principles of new product development
• Manufacturing experience should include plastic injection moulding, electromechanical assemblies, PCBs and brass castings and associated finishing.
• Should be experienced with approval process such as WRAS and CE and can demonstrate examples of this experience.
• Should have a manufacturing background, and be competent in Root Cause Analysis, ideally with training and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology.
• Experience using 3-D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
• Basic understanding of electronics concepts. Electronics experience desirable
• Must have strong IT skills including, Excel, Word, Power Point.
• Strong written English for creating documents and procedures.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• The candidate must possess good attention to detail and desire to follow procedure to achieve the best result.
• Through their experience and knowledge they must have the ability to engage and influence other employees to follow process.
• Willing to lead by example and take a hands-on role to demonstrate best practice and educate others.
• Must be able to set own priorities and work well in a small team.
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.