This job is no longer available
GPS is a leading manufacturer of PE Pipe Systems for Water, Gas and Industrial Applications.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, we are seeking an experienced Pipeline Engineer to provide a high level of technical, materials and engineering expertise in support of new and existing products and installation technologies, and to initiate and develop customer focussed innovative ideas for new products and technologies.
Key responsibilities will be to:
• Provide high level project support to contractors, consultants and utilities engineers on all aspects of pipe properties and design.
• Provide support on pipe installation technologies to ensure optimum product performance.
• Lead development on new installation technologies and associated aspects of product design.
• Provide detailed understanding of jointing and testing methods.
• Support customers and build customer relationships through technical excellence.
• Provide technical support and assistance with the tendering/preparation stages of major projects, contracts, etc.
From a mechanical, civil or chemical engineering background, you will ideally have previous experience of:
• Pipe systems design, installation and jointing.
• Product design and development with strong experience in leading projects through from design to manufacturing and field trials.
• Thermoplastics, preferably polyolefins along with a proven track record within a manufacturing environment.
• Managing complex approval and testing procedures.
• Intellectual property rights.
An excellent communicator you will have strong customer facing and team working skills but also be able to work on your own initiative. You will also be highly numerate and have a related Scientific or Engineering Qualification and/or a Degree in Engineering/Technology/Polymers.
To apply click 'Apply Now'.