This job is no longer available
Responsible for the sales and marketing of Ovivo’s portfolio of technology and processes to the Energy sector worldwide. Emphasis is placed on the Oil & Gas upstream and downstream markets and customers working within these areas.
ESSENTIAL GENERIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Be instrumental in establishing sales strategies for specific projects and for the market in general.
2. Develop and maintain effective relationships with existing, new and potential clients.
3. Identify and advise about trends in the industry that would impact on sales and specific product lines in the market.
4. Market and sell capital projects to the Energy sector.
5. Work closely with the Proposals department to provide responses to customer enquiries.
6. Review proposals and orders technically and commercially and prepare all necessary materials for handover of sold project to the Project Management Group.
7. Deliver presentations for potential clients at regional and national trade shows.
8. Provide written sales reports, forecasts and yearly sales budget as required.
9. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
10. Other duties may be assigned as required.
LOCAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Promote and increase the market share for the Energy range of Ovivo
Products and engineered systems
2. Develop and manage Key Accounts within the Energy sector
3. Develop and run agent networks.
May be expected to mentor and train junior sales representatives.
Will be expected to take the lead on specific sales projects relating to the Energy sector
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
HNC or above in Engineering discipline.
Proven sales and key account experience, preferably gained within the Energy Oil & Gas industry.
Technical knowledge of water treatment processes used within the Energy sector.
i.e ion exchange, desalination, reverse osmosis
Familiarity of technical standards and customer requirement within the Energy Oil & Gas markets.
Experience of selling engineered capital systems > £1 million value
Ability to respond effectively to sensitive enquiries and complaints.
Ability to understand and both read, write and converse in English and at advanced level.
Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing on a technical level.
Conduct effective presentations to managers, customers etc.
INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT, DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING:
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of situations.
Ability to make decisions requiring the use of a variety of variables in non standard situations.
Ability to make decisions when selling products, to enhance company profitability.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other MS Office products. Use of sales database systems.
Ability to understand and apply mathematical concepts.
Within assigned territory and other territories when required. Overseas travel destinations will include the Middle East, Europe, Russia and Korea and will involve periods away from home of up to 7 days duration.
Ability to understand the sales of Capital and Commodity related products to the Water Industry
Ability to recognize and act on potential sales or service opportunities.
Ability to operate with wide latitude for un-reviewed actions and decisions requiring independent judgment, having direct impact on the company.
Must have demonstrated interpersonal and customer relations skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Closing Date 2nd April 2012 .
This vacancy also appears on p58 of The Engineer magazine (19th March issue)
CVs will only be considered if you are eligible to work in the UK, you must hold a UK passport or permit to apply