This job is no longer available
Will be responsible for providing electrical and control design, performs integration and controls tasks to support customers and improve related products.
Completes assigned activities under the direction of the Engineering & Projects Director.
ESSENTIAL GENERIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Liaise with client and application specialists during the tender/bid stage on design and specifications of control equipment and ancillary electrical works
2. Program and configure PLCs and SCADA systems to meet technical, commercial and project requirements.
3. Write control strategies and prepare supporting documentation as necessary to fully define project specific programming requirements.
4. Monitor and advise on costs associated with electrical designs both at proposal stage and throughout the contract Support and develop integration and controls products through standardization of specifications and program code.
5. Manage and issue to relevant parties electrical documents including control philosophies, FDS’s, load schedules and wiring schematics.
6. Provide miscellaneous technical support including field service to support plant commissioning, operator training and warranty commitments.
7. Troubleshoot customer integration and controls issues including network communications.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Other duties may be assigned as required.
LOCAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
1. Complete or supervise the completion of electrical design tasks to time and quality requirements,
2. Provide technical input to the selection of new equipment
3. Complete electrical pre-commissioning activities
4. Select process instruments
5. Design instrument loops and hook-ups
6. Production of plc I/O Schedules
7. Outline design of control panels
8. Specifications of low and medium volume switchgear
9. Design of cable systems (power and instrumentation)
10. Set up of instruments and control hardware on site
Will be expected to mentor and train junior engineers.
Will be expected to team lead over specific projects or products.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
City & Guilds 2381.
Knowledge of current edition of BS7671
Ideally 17th edition IEE Wiring Regulations qualified
A minimum of HNC/BTec in electrical engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex industry related documents.
Ability to understand English via written and verbal communication
INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING:
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a range of intellectual and practical problems.
Ability to make decisions requiring the use of a variety of variables in standard and non standard situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Competency in Word, Excel, and experience of RSLogix, RSView and Wonderware programming.
Ability to apply mathematical equations to a variety of non-standard situations.
Some national and international travel to supplier/construction sites, for durations of several weeks when required.
Ability to read and interpret process & instrumentation diagrams, mechanical & structural drawings and specifications and wiring schematics.
The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Closing Date 31st March 2012
This vacancy also appears on p58 of The Engineer magazine (19th March issue)
CVs will only be considered if you are eligible to work in the UK, you must hold a UK passport or permit to apply