This job is no longer available
We’re nothing if we’re not about quality at every stage of manufacture. So our Product Engineering (PE) Department provides the vital interface between the Manufacturing site in Swindon and R&D in Japan, confirming design integrity of all components and dynamically testing the robustness of the whole vehicle design throughout the new model development stages and throughout mass production.
Joining this team of dynamic and logical engineers, you’ll focus on:
• Ensuring all Chassis design change points are understood, documented and test proven during the vehicle new model development stages
• Providing detailed analysis of Chassis component engineering drawings and 3D layout
• Studying the vehicle Chassis system specifications including new technologies
• Fixing a suitable confirmation plan and method for testing the design robustness, including fit for function
• Supporting colleagues with complex analysis of Chassis system concerns throughout the mass production life of the vehicle
• Past reflection for future new model development
We’re looking for candidates qualified to at least HND level or equivalent and who have a mechanical engineering background. You should also:
• Have a good knowledge of chassis components including wheels, tyres, suspension, subframe, engine mounts, brake systems, fuel systems and exhaust systems
• Have an understanding of chassis system drawings
• Have excellent planning, organisation and negotiation skills
A current driving licence and valid passport are essential criteria for this role as you’ll have the opportunity to travel overseas for training and new model activities.
To apply click 'Apply Online'.
This vacancy also appears on p56 of The Engineer magazine (16th April issue)