This job is no longer available
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician - East London
Our client are a leading Train Company in the UK & immediately require a Multi-Skilled Technician to carry out maintenance & exams to the allocated EMU rolling stock. Candidates from backgrounds such as rail, aerospace, forces & other heavy engineering will be considered.
Rate & Package
- 4-6 Month Contract - (very high possibility will go permanent after that period)
- Competitive Rate (dependant upon experience)
- 3 Shift Pattern (including nights)
With supervision you will undertake maintenance and repair of the allocated EMU rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan. You will be responsible for electrical and mechanical maintenance of EMU rolling stock. Maintenance activities can be broken down into routine electrical and mechanical service checks to ensure train safety through to major overhaul.
You will be working on EMU rolling stock & maintaining systems including wheels, driver controls, air conditioning, lighting, heating & toilets. Also you will be responsible for fault diagnostic & testing on air, doors, fuel & oil systems identifying problems with the inlet and exhausts. You will also carry out maintenance to electric traction systems which includes heavy repairs to bogies, DC traction motors and air brake systems.
- Successful candidates will need to have electrical & mechanical experience in a heavy engineering environment i.e. rail, aerospace, forces etc.
- Candidates must have a MINIMUM of NVQ Level 3 in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or City & Guilds 1, 2 & 3.
- Candidates must be able to carry out electrical fault finding & able to read electrical schematics to diagnose faults.
- Our client has specified that they are looking for people that would like the opportunity to go permanent after the 4-6 month period.
You must be capable of passing a stringent drugs, alcohol & medical screening. You must also be eligible to live and work in the UK.