This job is no longer available
GLASGOW, BRISTOL, BURTON AND DORKING
Our client is currently embarking on a period of significant growth of our electrical capability. To enable growth they require a senior electrical engineer with experience of grid code and its application, and high voltage AC and DC distribution and connections. This role is applicable to the electrical supply and Renewable industry sectors.
The candidate should have a strong technical and project background, solid electrical design experience and experience of high voltage distribution. This experience should include:
- Electrical power generation systems
- High voltage AC and high voltage DC system design
- National Grid distribution
- Understanding of Grid Code including design, connection and operational
- Smart grid and demand side management
- Electric power transmission cabling
- Power cabling arrangement and specification
- Interpretation of clients` technical needs
- Technical leadership on projects
- Site supervision of projects
- Preparation of proposals
- Assistance in local marketing initiatives
- Project management
Ideally the candidate should have previous consultancy experience, including business development.
This role requires SC Clearance so the successful candidate will be either a British Citizen who has been living in the UK for at least the last 3 years or of another nationality who has been living in the UK continuously for the last 5 years minimum.
You will be joining a very successful and highly respected Engineering Consultancy which provides innovative, high quality engineering services to a range of major engineering projects, serving government, regulatory, Blue Chip and a wide range of private sector clients across the world.
The company provides excellent opportunities for talented engineers who wish to work in leading edge applications. Their workload covers a range of industries and technologies, providing stimulating challenges for staff. Commercial awareness is an important factor in their consulting work and staff gain a great deal of experience in project management and customer contact. As part of a large consultancy, the opportunities for career development are extensive.