This job is no longer available
Eaton’s Aerospace business based in Bedhampton, Hampshire, has a vacancy for a senior project engineer responsible for technical leadership the mechanical design and/or design modification of hydraulic power generation components.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Technical leadership of projects, including leading internal and external meetings, design reviews, co-ordination of resources such that the projects are delivered to specification, on time, and to budget.
- Directing design work and making decisions on design concepts and details to ensure product compliance
- Development and/or approval of all technical calculations and documentation relating to projects
- Delivery of timely, accurate progress, impact and change management updates relating to technical evolution of the project, in close conjunction with the project manager(s)
- Leadership of failure investigations as part of structured 8D based root cause investigation techniques
- Development of other engineers through mentoring and skill development
- Contribution to strategic thinking on future technology development
Applications are invited from candidates who have attained a degree in mechanical engineering, have at least 5 years experience in a research, design and/or development field, or equivalent, have the ability to understand complex products, have proven capability to utilise Six Sigma and 8D tools, and who possess excellent people management skills.
To apply or enquire, click 'Apply Now' and you will be re-directed to our website.
Please quote 'TheEngineerJobs' as your source when applying.