This job is no longer available
Consultant: Mike Bryan
Our client is dedicated to the assembly of small construction machines, typically used on building and construction sites - Backhoe Loaders, Small Wheel Loaders, Mini Hydraulic Excavators and Compact Wheel Loaders.
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Position: Senior Mechanical Pro-E Design Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
This position is for a Senior Engineer to work within the Engine Systems Team to lead the Tier 4 Interim engine installation.
Essential Skills Experience and Qualifications:
* You must have outstanding Pro E design skills.
* You must have a background within Automotive design.
* Strong communicator with excellent analytical skills.
* Ability to work with teams in multiple locations.
* Knowledge of engine installation requirements, preferably with previous experience in the area.
* Project planning and management skills.
* Strong focus on product cost.
* Experience in machine testing and development.
* Engineering Degree qualification or HND with exceptional experience.
* Knowledge of the design and releasing process.
* Knowledge of engine/emission technology.
* Knowledge of the NPI process.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for design and releasing of the engine installation during NPI.
* Working with the engineering team in Leicestershire, the US and Japan, you will be accountable for meeting installation cost, quality and delivery targets in line with the NPI program requirements.
* You will also be responsible for communication with the NPI team.
* System Definition/Specification/Integration
* Component Selection (e.g. Cooling Package, Induction, Exhaust etc.)
* Own/manage installation Quality and Reliability target
* Own/manage installation cost targets Execution
* Manage and drive Engineering Change Orders
Up to £46,000 per annum + 12% Bonus.
Various benefits for permanent staff, including annual bonus, pension, Share Scheme, Death in Service Benefit, 25 days paid holiday in addition to statutory holidays.