Chelton was established in 1947 by former Royal Air Force colleagues. The first products produced were aircraft static dischargers and H.F. (2-30MHz) wire antenna systems. Chelton has grown in international prominence by introducing an ever-increasing range of airborne communications and navigation antennas. In the 1980's, Chelton became a significant supplier of airborne homing systems - principally for Search and Rescue use - and remains the World's leading producer of electronically tuned VHF/UHF airborne communication antennas. In 1989, Chelton (Electrostatics) Ltd. and its holding company, Chelton Ltd. became a wholly owned subsidiary of Cobham plc - a highly respected U.K. aerospace group with a history of excellence dating back over 60 years. Chelton Ltd is now a World class manufacturer of aircraft antennas, communications equipment and systems, Interference cancellation, airborne Tetra and static dischargers. Chelton is dedicated to maintaining the highest level of quality, service and reliability to our customers throughout the World. Chelton also provides International marketing and support for other Cobham Companies outside North America for avionics and satellite communication systems.
The Chelton Centre