Transpennine Route Upgrade Project Leader - Temporary Position
- Full Time
Using your expertise in change project management you will work closely with the special projects manager and project managers, functional directors, sponsors and their representatives to manage the development and delivery of change projects to agreed scope, time cost and quality requirements.
About the role:
As an experienced project leader you will be responsible for regular updating and monitoring of programmes for a large portfolio of work. It will also be your responsibility to manage the production of project management plans for change projects.
- Assist in the Development and delivery specified track projects on time, to budget and to other agreed success criteria within corporate guidelines.
- Ensure the project complies with CDM requirements
- Manage the cross disciplinary interface associated with delivery of project related workstreams
- Provide input for compilation of the Maintenance Business Plan, and assist the Delivery Unit to achieve its key performance indicators within the project life cycle
- Agree remit and success criteria of change projects with the relevant Executive Sponsors and Functional Directors.
- Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Manage the production of project management plans for change projects.
- Establish and manage collaborative cross-functional virtual teams to deliver change projects, where appropriate.
- Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to Executive Sponsors and Functional Directors.
- Manage project budgets within agreed targets.
- Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
- Disseminate lessons learnt
It is imperative you have…
- Experience of working in change projects
- Understanding of applying project methodologies
It is advantageous if you are…
- Educated to degree level
- A member of project association
- Commercially and financially aware