Mechanical Design Engineer
JMDA is an award winning, UK based product design consultancy. We are a growing team, and are now in a position to further expand our team and bring in an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to join a company with big ambitions and global reach. We are seeking someone with a proven ability to turn ideas into viable products. This role has career advancement potential and the opportunity to work on products with recognised brands.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be expected to contribute to various phases of the product development process, applying your knowledge to engineer robust, feasible, production ready product designs.
Skills and Experience:
- Several years experience in a product development environment
- Proven ability to execute and deliver projects to completion
- Deep knowledge of mechanical principles
- Experience designing mechanisms and assemblies
- A strong understanding of manufacturing processes, primarily plastic injection moulding and metal fabrication
- Strong 3D CAD skills (preferably Solidworks)
- Good materials knowledge
- Experienced in prototyping, testing and proving feasibility of a design
- Able to think conceptually and share ideas
- Ability to take charge and manage projects, ensuring deadlines are met on time
- A team player, ready to share in the demands of a small business
- Willingness to support and develop the skills of the junior design team members
- Must be a UK resident or possess an EU working visa
- Valid passport and a willingness to travel overseas as and when a project requires.
- Clean driving license and independent means of transport is essential due to our rural location.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive, dependent on experience