Site Engineer / Site Supervisor – BEng
Job Title: Site Engineer
Location: Newcastle / North Tyneside
Position: Full-Time, Permanent
A long established and well respected global print and packaging, e-commerce and supply chain provider with production and distribution facilities in the North of England, Scotland and the Midlands. The company is an international company servicing clients globally. The company is an ambitious, client focused and forward-thinking company, providing their customers with an increasingly wide range of publishing, print and packaging services, across all media platforms.
The company works closely with clients as a strategic partner, helping them optimise and develop the processes critical to their business through our core services of print and packaging, supply chain and e-commerce.
To support site and factory needs in the maintenance and engineering requirements of the plant and factory, undertaking mechanical and electrical preventative maintenance on print, finishing and other plant equipment, and managing any breakdowns and repairs.
* To ensure all machinery, the building and site are kept to a good standard to ensure performance for efficient operation of the factory.
* To use own initiative in undertaking mechanical and electrical preventative maintenance, breakdowns and repairs on a variety of print, finishing and plant equipment.
* To develop and maintain the working practice and relationships of contractors permitted to the site, including technical consultants and suppliers, overseeing their input in the design, development, pricing and delivery of technical solutions on site, alongside the other Site Engineer.
* To conduct relevant audits, and host regular meetings with the engineering and maintenance team, identifying best practice, and areas for improvement and concern.
* To hold a thorough shift handover with the other Site Engineer.
* To monitor operating costs within the department and organise spare part requirements.
* To co-ordinate off-site duties with the production management team, conducting periodical checks at other UK sites.
* To work with the other Site Engineer on the production of designs, calculations, and sketches relevant to the site.
* To value engineering techniques and processes to reduce costs.
* To support the production management and planning departments with the development of new projects, machinery and equipment.
* To work alongside and support the Site Engineer, and working effectively with the Engineer’s assistant on the maintenance of the plant.
* To periodically check department equipment against inventory and report discrepancies, working with the Production Director and Manager on the replacement of defective equipment.
* To assist and work alongside the Health & Safety department on the safety of equipment, plant layout, and machinery onsite, and working with the Fire Wardens in the sounding and testing of fire alarms and drills.
* To perform any other duties as directed by the Production Manager and Operations Director.
Experience and Skills:
* To have trained as an Engineering Apprentice with ONC/HNC or other recognised apprenticeship provider, in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, or be a BEng graduate.
* To be a confident decision maker and a time-served, multi-skilled maintenance technician or engineer.
* To be self-motivated and work to own initiative.
* A Print or Packaging background would be advantageous, as well as a history of site experience.
* To have a knowledge of technical excellence.
* To have a sound understanding of both mechanical and electrical engineering is essential.
* To possess a hands-on approach, working independently and effectively as part of a team.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles or experience of; ONC/HNC, Engineer, Engineering Apprentice, Apprentice Engineer, Engineering Graduate, BEng, BEng Graduate, Civil Engineering, Site Engineer, HNC, HND, AutoCAD, CSCS Card, SSSTS, Surveyor, Site Supervisor, Contract Drawing, Quality Control, Assurance Systems Engineer, Site Engineering, Risk Assessment, Civil Engineer, Construction Site Engineer will also be considered for this role.