Group Product Engineering Manager
Title: Group Product Engineering Manager
Location: Consett, County Durham
Salary: Attractive Base Salary; Car Allowance; Bonus & Benefits Package.
A leading supplier of precision machined parts to the aerospace industry, with 550 employees across 5 production facilities, this company specialises in the design, manufacture, assembly and delivery of components to leading aircraft OEM manufacturers. With some of the largest CNC milling machines in the UK, they have the capability to provide anything from a small simple bracket, to full design and manufacture services for major structural sub-assemblies.
Under the leadership of a new CEO and management team, the company has successfully transitioned through a recent restructuring programme, with plans to grow its current turnover to in excess of £100m. The business is now looking to appoint a new Group Product Engineering Manager to lead and develop its Engineering strategy and team.
- Reporting to the Technical Director, the purpose of the role is to effectively coordinate and control the Product Engineering activities across the group sites, ensuring that all resources are effectively utilised in each location.
- The successful candidate will use their experience in Engineering in the aerospace sector to introduce new ideas and best practice to the organisation, in terms of latest technology, processes and concepts.
- Leading an experienced team of Engineering Managers, you will ensure they work effectively as a team, and that their sites operate as flexibly as possible. Your role will be to question, lead, and develop the Engineering capability and performance of the group.
- An important task will be to standardise the programming processes used across all the group’s sites – ideally adopting one standard language – as well as the introduction of new design software capability to drive efficiencies across the Product Engineering function.
- The successful candidate will possess direct experience of leading a Product Engineering team and function within the Aerospace sector, with the leadership and influencing skills to transform the Engineering capability and performance of a multi-site manufacturing group. Additional experience in other Product Engineering sectors such as Automotive would be advantageous.
- Key requirements include knowledge of CNC machining and machines, and experience of the NC programming of complex engineered products, ideally utilising Catia V5 with knowledge of other systems. You will also possess experience of developing and coordinating multi-site activities to deliver the most effective outputs to Product Engineering projects.
- Adept at developing and motivating people, you will have direct experience of developing and implementing strategies to improve the effectiveness of Product Engineering activities and processes.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.