Employee must be able to set-up and operate and maintain the CNC grinding machines and all other ancillary equipment in the manufacturing department.
Primary machines– Walter Helitronic 5 axis CNC Tool & Cutter Grinder. Helicheck Inspection. Wheel Truing.
- Time served apprenticeship ideally required, although not essential if you have the required work experience
- Good general education including Maths, English Language and I.T.
- Engineering discipline
- Have a minimum three years machining experience.
- Must be able to use all inspection equipment and read drawings.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose problems in order to take appropriate action
- Be able to maintain product specifications, and inspect all products produced, utilising the correct measuring devices.
- Have knowledge of the specifications of diamond wheels and the ability to properly true, dress and generally maintain wheelsets.
- Have knowledge and the ability to make machine adjustments and trouble shoot set up problems; also able to monitor product quality while manufacturing.
- Be able to instruct and assist operator associates on set up, operating and maintenance functions.
- Have full knowledge of all tooling required, routine maintenance, and lubrication of all machinery.
Must be aware of Health & Safety procedures, responsible for accurate Data Collection, knowledge of KYOCERA SGS Quality Policy, work procedures and work instructions, identification and segregation of non-conforming material, the ability to use Sampling Plan and Quality Defect codes to report non-conformity material.
The employee may be required to follow other job related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested. Acts at all times as an ambassador for the business, building and maintaining good relationships with customers, colleagues and managers
Apply for CNC Setter/Operator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly