Head of Continuous Improvement – Anglian Group
Right from the start in 1966, a commitment to quality and genuine customer care has been at the heart of Anglian's philosophy. Anglian very quickly, established a reputation for the quality of their windows, opening their first showroom in Ipswich in 1969 to showcase a unique and contemporary design.
They’ve grown massively as a company since then, opening more showrooms across the whole country and new factories where their windows, doors, conservatories and other products are made.
To support the current and future growth, my client is seeking to appoint a Head of Continuous Improvement, reporting through to the Manufacturing Director.
This is a crucial role that will be responsible for the structured process improvements within a multi-functional business, to embed and sustain a culture that delivers continuous improvements in line with business targets.
Predominantly based within the Manufacturing function, but also with responsibility for continuous improvement initiatives across the Anglian Group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining clear strategies for process improvements that aligns to Anglian Group operating systems.
- Supporting the multi-functional site teams in developing plans for performance improvement strategies.
- dentifying, agreeing and executing improvement opportunities with regards to safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Measuring and analysing performance data across sites with the target of identifying initiatives that will improve site performance.
- Through a team approach, facilitating root cause analysis for non-conforming costs and providing robust corrective actions to eliminate cause.
- Supporting new business opportunities in the development of value stream mapping, manufacturing build process and risk assessments.
- Leadership and management of the continuous improvement team.
The Head of Continuous Improvement has the drive to succeed and deliver within a challenging and fast moving environment. Using outstanding leadership and influencing skills, the role holder is pro-active and extremely comfortable in constructively challenging the status quo and embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
The Head of Continuous Improvement needs to be an outstanding people manager who is action oriented and driven by KPIs. He/she needs to be a strong, charismatic leader who enjoys being in the thick of the operation to lead and motivate a proud workforce to deliver and sustain improvement.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong and successful background within a Manufacturing and/or Engineering business.
- Proven track record of leading and implementing continuous improvements within a large organisation.
- Ability to implement projects that have delivered benefits on Cost, Quality, Delivery, Safety.
- Excellent knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing to include Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving Techniques, Quality Control Systems, 5’s, Waste Elimination, Change Management, DMAIC, OEE, Poka Yoke, Standardisation, Benchmarking, Best Practice, Kaizen, Containment Measures, PDCA and Visualisation standards.
- Ability to coach and support teams undertaking continuous improvement activities.
- Implementation of systems to ensure that decisions are data driven.
- Ideally Qualified to Black Belt level in 6 Sigma.
- LEAN manufacturing practitioner
- Competent in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
This is a rare and exciting role that will give the successful candidate great exposure to a market leading business as well as real career progression.
If you are unable to apply online please email your CV and cover letter, citing reference number 61908, below.
Closing date: 3/4/17