Senior Testing Engineer - Catalyst Testing Royston
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Senior Testing Engineer - Catalyst Testing to join a leading speciality chemicals company with expertise in advanced materials and technology. They innovate and improve solutions that are valued by their customers, optimise the use of natural resources and enhance the quality of life for the people of the world, both for today and for the future. This is a permanent opportunity based in Royston.
As a Senior Testing Engineer you will be responsible for leading a small team of engineers and conducting end of line quality testing
As a Senior Testing Engineer you will also be responsible for:
- Managing the day to day operations of the laboratory facilities and ensure effective and efficient resource to optimise testing time.
- Management of the Development the Engineering team; training, coaching and developing each team member to the best of their abilities, driving personal and professional development and promote a positive working environment.
- Driving continuous improvement in all areas of laboratory operations.
- Providing technical and engineering support to maximise effectiveness of the facility and minimise down time.
- Planning and managing short, medium term developments and upgrades to the facility.
- Ensuring that your team and all users of the laboratories adhere to all EHS rules and requirements.
You will have the following qualifications, skill sets & experience:
- Hold a Degree / PhD, or equivalent qualification in a Mechanical, Chemical or Engineering discipline.
- Have relevant experience working in a technical testing laboratory, or automotive emissions gas analysing environment and other associated equipment, or in a similar testing setting and have demonstrative experience managing equipment resources, whilst managing and developing a successful and cohesive team.
- Have experience managing a small team to include performance management and personal development of your employees.
- Have the ability to interpret and draw conclusions from complex scientific data.
- Be a team player with a proactive and flexible approach to achieving results whilst maintaining excellent quality standards, and have excellent attention to detail.- Be a competent and confident decision maker
- Have good written and verbal communication skills, with experience using IT software packages (MS Word and Excel).
For more information or to apply to the role of Senior Testing Engineer, please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457 718 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the Apply button below to apply online now.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG38438 in all correspondence.