Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Cheshire
Preetha Sampath is recruiting for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join a leading energy company based in Cheshire on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of job will be to make sure that plant and machinery has high levels of availability / uptime and operates in a safe manner at all times. Ensure both preventative and corrective maintenance is carried out in a timely manner and complies with both internal policies / standards and external standards e.g. EA, HSE and EAWA.
Further duties will include:
- Install / maintain and update the stores system on site.
- Record all machinery defects, corrective actions and repairs on shift reports
- Manage and organise all contractor repairs and maintenance on site to minimise disruption to the plant.
- Oversee contractors on relevant plant sections during annual shutdowns as requested by Engineering Manager.
- Ensure adequate supplies of the key products are on site all times.
- Provide advice and coaching to operators / new recruits where required.
- Liaise closely with the production manager / team leaders / factory manager to ensure all outstanding issues are addressed in a timely manner
- It is expected that the maintenance Engineer (electrical) will carry out mechanical works as and when required.
- Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately.
- Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out.
The ideal candidate will have the following Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Engineering discipline qualification - Electrical Engineering ONC or BTEC Level 3 equivalent is essential.
- COMPEX trained preferable
- Previous experience working as a Maintenance Engineer in a process plant is essential; with a FMCG, Process, recycling and Chemical background.
- Good knowledge of liquids conveying systems, large rotating plant, process control instrumentation, temp, pressure, flow, level, weight etc.
- Good working knowledge of Plant control systems, PLC's, SCADA, HMI's, relay logic.
- Experience of all voltages up 660Vac.
For more information or to apply for this position please contact Preetha Sampath on +44 (0)1246 457710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the Apply button to apply online now.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG38395 in all correspondence.