Electrical Maintenance Supervisor-Cheshire
Preetha Sampath is recruiting for a Electrical Maintenance Supervisor to join a leading energy company based in Cheshire on a permanent basis.
Responsible for making sure that plant and machinery has high levels of availability / uptime and operates in a safe manner at all times. Ensure both preventative and corrective maintenance is carried out in a timely manner and complies with both internal policies / standards and external standards e.g. EA, HSE and EAWA. Ensure all members of the maintenance team are working to the appropriate engineering standards including health and safety and are accurately recording the use of time and materials.
Further duties will include:
- Prioritise tasks and organise maintenance electrical team to ensure works are carried out in a timely manner
- Participate in performance reviews and appraisals as part of the team development process.
- Support Engineering Manager in developing a proactive strategy for the maintenance function
- Install / maintain and update the stores system on site
- Ensure team record all machinery defects, corrective actions and repairs on shift reports
- Manage and organise all contractor repairs and maintenance on site to minimise disruption to the plant.
- Oversee contractors on relevant plant sections during annual shutdowns as requested by the Engineering Manager.
- Ensure all plant lifting / access equipment is kept in good condition, inspected and stored correctly.
- Provide advice and coaching to operators / new recruits where required.
- Liaise closely with the production manager / team leaders / factory manager to ensure all outstanding issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
- It is expected that the Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical) will carry out mechanical works as and when required
The ideal candidate will have the following Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Engineering discipline qualification - Electrical Engineering ONC or BTEC Level 3 equivalent is essential.
- COMPEX qualified
- Previous supervisory experience preferable
- Previous experience working as a Maintenance Engineer in a process plant is essential; with a FMCG, Process, recycling and Chemical background.
- Good knowledge of liquids conveying systems and large rotating plant
- Fault finding and preventative maintenance experience.
- Good working knowledge of process control instrumentation, temp, pressure, flow, level, weight etc.
Good working knowledge of Plant control systems, PLC's, SCADA, HMI's, relay logic.
Experience of all voltages up 660Vac.
For more information or to apply for this position please contact Preetha Sampath on +44 (0)1246 457710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the Apply button below to apply online now.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG38397 in all correspondence.