Maintenance Planner- Birmingham
Preetha Sampath is recruiting for a Maintenance Planner to join a company in the chemical manufacturing industry at their site based near Birmingham. This position is a temporary role with an initial 6 month contract.
The Maintenance Planner will play a key role in the site maintenance department, planning routine and non-routine maintenance activities to allow scheduling in accordance with site priorities. The Planner / Scheduler will be expected to work flexibly in support of the Maintenance Scheduler, providing routine support and absence cover in addition to their planning duties.
Further responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and prioritising maintenance notifications (requests) in accordance with department KPIs
- Clarifying operational needs (investigating & clarifying pending maintenance notifications), including field inspection work
- Planning (determining skills, materials, other resources and steps needed to execute), using SAP system to build planning steps with clear and accurate descriptions
- Liaising with purchasing function and vendors to order spare parts, services and other materials as required
- Advancing the status of work orders (planned, completed etc) to support the Scheduler and Supervisors in maintaining an accurate backlog of work
- Receiving & interpreting feedback from work order execution, recording in SAP and maintaining document packages
- Initiating follow-on and pro-active work arising from executed work orders
- Building standard maintenance plans / task lists to aid future planning
- Using planning and scheduling KPIs to drive and improve the maintenance process
- Providing holiday/absence cover and routine backup cover for Maintenance Scheduler
- Supporting the development/maintenance of SAP master data - e.g. equipment structures, preventative maintenance plans
- Supporting the Maintenance Scheduler in managing key contractor priorities e.g. scaffolding and insulation
- Operating within and maintaining all appropriate Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards in order to ensure that the products and services provided by the site comply with regulatory and company standards and customer expectations
- Performing any other reasonable request of management in supporting the site to achieve its goals
The ideal candidate will have the following Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Formal qualification or apprentice trained in maintenance or engineering background - ideally an experienced former maintenance craftsman or experienced maintenance planner.
- Good knowledge of SAP maintenance module and strong general IT skills
- Good understanding of maintenance safety risks and precautions, for example permit to work systems
- Chemical or process industry experience, ideally high hazard COMAH site experience
- Practical experience with all maintenance trades - e.g. mechanical, electrical and instrumentation
For more information or to apply for this Maintenance planner position, please contact Preetha Sampath on 01246 457710 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the Apply button below to apply online now.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG38404 in all correspondence.