Project Quantity Surveyor
Project Quantity Surveyor
£47,000 - £52,000 per annum Plus Benefits including Car Allowance (£3,200)
If you are a qualified construction professional from a residential development or construction contracting background, this is a superb opportunity to work on important projects for an innovative organisation.
Our client is a leading not-for-profit organisation that builds, manages and maintains homes for people across the South West. They are now looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Within a culture of respect, learning and continuous improvement, you’ll have the chance to make a direct impact on the financial success of our client’s development projects.
As the Project Quantity Surveyor, you will support the Commercial Director with the appraisal of the financial viability of potential schemes, maintain and monitor the financial performance of Joint Venture and directly procured schemes and measure their performance against the parameters and targets of our client's business plan.
Your other duties will involve:
- Taking responsibility for the financial management of schemes
- Preparing comprehensive land appraisals to support acquisition efforts
- Assessing the risks and opportunities for new schemes
- Identifying, managing and mitigating any overspending risks
- Advising on and developing contract documentation
- Evaluating the CVRs (Cost Value Reconciliations) of joint venture partners against their applications for payments and work in progress
- Benchmarking the cost of contractors
- Helping to manage customers’ requests
To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of working in the commercial department of a residential developer or construction contractor
- Previous experience of producing and managing construction budgets for residential development
- A track record of assessing development risk and producing risk mitigation strategies
- Experience of successfully working with teams of professional and technical staff
- Knowledge of the Cost Value Reconciliation process and the ability to interpret and interrogate their results
- A recognised construction qualification at HNC level or above
- An RICS, CIOB or equivalent qualification would be desirable
As the Project Quantity Surveyor, you’ll have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage people and expectations at all levels. Commercially astute and solution-oriented, you’ll also be highly analytical and able to work well under pressure.
To apply for the role of Project Quantity Surveyor, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Project Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Cost Estimator, Residential Development, Construction Cost Surveyor, Construction Quantity Surveyor, Building Surveyor, Quantity Surveying, Building Engineer, Construction.
Working hours: 37 hours per week