Principal Engineer (C&I)
Principal Engineer (C&I)
Principal Engineer (Control & Instrumentation)
Would you like to work on a complex engineering project for a unique product of National importance? We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Engineer (C&I) at our site in Barrow-in-Furness.
As a Principal Engineer (C&I), you will be involved in ensuring that the systems will interface with the platform management system, the key control System on board the Submarine.
This role will involve you looking to industry for innovative design solutions on a variety of complex distributed control systems, to drive design towards delivery and schedule according to the customer’s requirements.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer (C&I) will involve:
- Interfacing with systems owners and a network of dependencies from the supply chain ensuring the flow of technical information
- Applying deep knowledge of design on distributed control systems that inform the schedule and delivery of engineering solutions
- Reporting on design and adherence to customer requirements to Senior Engineering Management and will be responsible as part of a network of highly specialist engineering to innovate and drive engineering solutions
- Being responsible for ensuring the distributed control systems interface with the platform control systems to ensure the key control system is functionally sound
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- A deep knowledge of distributed control systems and engineering design
- Project management skills including stakeholder engagement and scheduling
- Relevant sector experience in comparable industry
- CEng or working towards chartered status
- Demonstrable knowledge of defence standards (Def-Stan) – desirable
What we're looking for in you:
We are looking for you to have sound understanding of control and instrumentation in a complex engineering environment, with a safety bias. We are looking for you to be conscientious and have a methodical approach to work load.
Maritime – Submarines
Our Submarines business has been safely delivering world class submarines to the UK Royal Navy for more than a century.
The Astute class will equip the Royal Navy with its largest and most capable generation of attack submarines. We are responsible for the design, build, test and commissioning of these state-of-the-art vessels. In total, seven boats will make up the fleet, each weighing a mighty 7,400 tonnes.
Dreadnought is the successor to the Vanguard class of nuclear deterrent submarines. We will deliver four submarines to the Royal Navy, with the first submarine entering service in the early 2030s. Dreadnought is widely considered to be one of the world's most complex engineering challenges.
We have sites in Barrow-in-Furness, Filton, Frimley, Ash Vale, Broad Oak and Weymouth, and we pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.