(Senior) PLC Technician
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire a 20 minute drive south of Oxford in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Diamond Light Source conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science and offers rewarding career opportunities covering both technical and scientific disciplines.
There is a now a vacancy for a (Senior) PLC Technician in the Equipment Protection Systems team within the Control Systems Group. The team delivers the entire machine protection systems and other PLC based technical solutions across the three accelerators and all beamlines in Diamond. In doing so, the team undertakes complete life cycle support from working with customer groups to bring out requirements, designing PLC solutions, developing the software, commissioning and providing operational support.
You will have following responsibilities:
- Provide operational support on installed Beamline Equipment Protection Systems and Accelerator Machine Protection systems;
- Maintenance records of subsystem module & software revision history;
- Supervision of contractors and installation work;
- Interfacing with internal customer including Engineers and Scientists;
- Managing work priorities of personal work;
- Reporting on progress on period basis;
- During the initial installation of Diamond, duties will also include supporting the installation of the control system;
- Managing outside manufacture of PLC and other subassemblies;
- Commissioning and fault finding of interlocks and subsystems based on PLC technology;
- Design and developing PLC software in conjunction with the Senior PLC Engineer;
- Assist in the testing of PLC software in conjunction with the PLC Engineer.
For further information and to apply, please click on the apply button, to visit our website.
Closing date: 4 June 2017.
We are committed to equality of opportunities for all and our employees come from many countries, cultures and backgrounds.