Electrical Design, Development & Maintenance Engineer
Job Title: Electronics Design and Development Engineer
Location: Meltham, near Huddersfield
Salary: £32,000 to £42,000 per Annum (Dependant on Experience)
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time Position
Benefits: Production Bonus, 33.5 Annual Holidays, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Generous Contributory Pension Scheme, Death in Service Scheme.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join an internationally renowned manufacturer of bespoke, made to measure gear cutting tools. The company, a progressive family run firm based in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, is looking to recruit an Electronics Design, Development & Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Your work will involve the development and routine maintenance of purpose built CNC grinding machines, electronic and electrical equipment to ensure it operates to maximum efficiency.
In fulfilling this role the Engineer will undertake the following activities:
- Design & implementation of electronic control systems for multi-axis grinding machines.
- PLC programming and configuration.
- Develop and manage a planned preventative maintenance schedule.
- Liaise with external service companies and engineers.
- Undertake fault finding, rectification of electronic/ electrical equipment.
- Source electronic spares and equipment.
- Effectively liaise with departmental managers to minimise down time, inefficiency and product wastage.
- Provide engineering solutions to assist and maximise operational capacity.
- Monitoring the performance of all CNC machines, company server, network, and computer hardware.
- Carry out general inspection and repair work.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A can do attitude, with the ability to offer development ideas and bring the skills to deliver.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to work on their own initiative.
- A desire to ensure that individual, as well as departmental objectives are achieved, ideally exceeded.
- BSc in Electronic Engineering desirable.
- HNC/ HND or full apprenticeship required.
- Experience with programmable motion controllers.
- Excellent understanding of multiple axes control, DeltaTau PMAC experience for servo motors is preferred.
- Proven experience of software/ simulation tools, preferably embedded real time coding/ coding in C.
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office MS Server (SBS) is preferred.
- Experience of 5S principles.
- Health & Safety Knowledge.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Electronics Engineer, Programming Electronics Engineer, CNC Design Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Hardware Developer, Engineering Designer, Product Development Engineer, PCB Technician, PCB Development Technician, Design Engineer, Engineer, Design and Application Engineer, Project Design Engineer, Application Engineer, Solidworks, Smartteam, Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Product Design Engineer, CAD Designer, Mechanical Design Improvement Engineer, Design Improvement Engineer, Design Technician, Mechanical Technician, CAD Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Maintenance Assistant, Electrical Services Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Machine Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Repairs, Electrical Engineer, Installation Engineer may also be considered for this role.