7 days left
- Full Time
Bristol (Nr Temple Meads Station)
Are you an innovative leader from an aerospace background? Could you take a fantastic project to the next level? If so, read on.
Backed by a well-established and successful Bristol-based company, our client is a start-up incubator. They are now looking for a Chief Engineer to join them and play a leading role in an existing project.
What’s in it for you?
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- New benefits scheme for 2017
If you are looking for a big challenge, the role of a lifetime and the chance to make a real difference - then this is the role for you.
You will have the chance to lead the creation of a brand-new mode of travel. There are very few opportunities like this – working within an innovative environment, geared towards developing and showcasing technology – with the ultimate aim of taking this product to market.
You will find yourself surrounded by the best and brightest – and will be expected to continue to grow the team, to deliver this big goal on time and to budget.
Don’t be fooled - this role isn’t for the faint-hearted, you’ll need to be a smart leader who is as comfortable directing others as they are rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty.
This really is the opportunity to take part in something amazing and unique, and the chance to really make your mark.
Your new role:
As the Chief Engineer, you’ll be working on a new project to create an electrically powered personal air vehicle.
The first prototype has already been delivered within the first 12 months of the project. Now, with new investment in both the team and the resources behind the project, our client is eager to launch the second phase of development.
Reporting to the CEO, your role will involve:
- Acting as the highest ranking Engineer in the organisation
- Leading a small but growing team of Engineers
- Generating ideas and clarifying specifications
- Devising project milestones and reporting on these to project partners
- Planning each phase of development
- Reviewing designs, managing risks and delegating tasks
- Recruiting the highest calibre of Engineers to complement the team
- Identifying and procuring all relevant resources
To be considered for this unique opportunity, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience of running projects within an aerospace context, preferably managing a team of ten or more engineers
- Experience of negotiating with both internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Previous experience in gaining accreditation for a prototype aerial vehicle
- A degree (or equivalent) in an engineering subject at 2:1 or above, or equivalent experience, ideally an MSc or MEng
- Strong leadership abilities
Other organisations may title this role Senior Aerospace Engineer, Senior Project Engineer, Chief Project Engineer, Aerospace R&D Engineer, Chief Aerospace Engineer, or Aerospace Project Engineer.
Our client is also interested in hearing from candidates who have held the role of Head of Engineering, Aerospace Design Engineer, Aerospace Design & Development Engineer, or Air Vehicle Development Engineer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are an innovative leader and could see yourself as a Chief Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.