Job Purpose: An exciting opportunity to support a busy design team as directed by Line Manager to help in the design and development of new and existing products.
- Assist with design and engineering of new and existing products across both the Hardware and Deckware ranges
- Creating 3D models and 2D Detail Drawings using latest CAD software
- Supporting the Production Facility to maximise quality and efficiency
- Liaise with manufacturers; review costs and analyse. Review current and new manufacturing techniques
- Design documentation and control using MRP system, Intranet and Excel
- Support Team with materials for product launches, design reviews and product related marketing material for trade and retail use as required
- Reporting information requested and keeping Line Manger regularly updated.
- Review development samples for construction and cost as required
- Purchasing of supplies, samples and prototypes as instructed, including monitoring lead times and ensuring deadlines achieved
- Review and highlight non-conformance within designs
- Ensure work is prioritised to meet product development calendar and review weekly with Line Manager
- Follow procedures in line with Company guidelines and Quality ISO 9001
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with all health and safety requirements and good practice
- Dress in a professional and appropriate way for all public facing situations and in accordance with company policy
Travel Required (minimum):
- Supplier visits as required which may involve extended hours due to travel
- Production Unit visits as required
- Customer support – attend service and repair when required
- Product testing and trials on land and sea
- Methodical and high level of accuracy. Have a Degree/HNC/HND in Design Engineering or similar, with preferably 1-2 years of relevant experience Able to take direction. Pro-active planning & organisation skills. Fully proficient in 3D CAD (ideally Solidworks), knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop would be advantageous. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. A good communicator for clarifying design/technical issues with suppliers, organised, thorough and able to prioritise, reliable and self-motivated; a team player, yet able to work without close supervision. Able to work under pressure with the ability to professionally accept and provide feedback. Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Product Knowledge, quality Focus. Listening, Phone skills, Multi-tasking, Practical, Flexible, Conscientious and hardworking, full driving licence.
Why Work For Spinlock?
There are lots of reasons to work for Spinlock, you’ll meet some great people, progress on your career development and be rewarded for your contribution to our success. We are a small friendly team located in a great place to work. A certain type of person works for Spinlock, one who strives to be the best they can be and help drive innovation, quality and customer service, through team work.
- Inspiration - generating new ideas that excite our customers, enthuse our people and enhance our business.
- Innovation – focusing on continuous improvement, pushing boundaries and encouraging experimentation.
- Integrity - doing the right thing, not the easy thing; building trust and reinforcing our reputation.
- In Touch - understanding what’s important to our customers, the communities in which we work and our colleagues.
- Continual Improvement – we strive to make the place we work the best it can be. We are continually reviewing how the site and systems work for us and make sure they fit the changing demands of the Company and set our standards high.
How to apply: CV, letter and work examples (2MB) to email@example.com
For further details: request job profile from firstname.lastname@example.org and find out more about the role and Spinlock.
Start Date: June/July