Are you an experienced Project Engineer with experience in design and process improvement?
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a dynamic, fast paced growing business in the healthcare sector?
Are you seeking a role where you can take ownership for design and ideas, and become the subject matter expert?
This role could be for you….
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Degree qualified in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in a technical environment, including design and process improvement
- Experience in dealing with technically complex temporary infrastructures preferred
- Knowledge of LEAN principles an advantage but not essential
- Fluency in English is essential, with experience of a second European language an advantage
- IT literate, with ability to effectively work using MS Office, CAD, and other software packages
- Knowledge of medical gas, electrical and air systems would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations relevant to the transport/logistics/healthcare industry
- Self-starter, who is able to work independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to adapt approach to suit audience
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic, solution based environment
- Proven level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Must hold a full driving licence
- Hold a valid passport (or willing to obtain)
KEY TASKS & DUTIES
- Be the ‘go to person’ for hospitals on all technical, logistical, project planning and site access/construction matters, advising customers on the technical requirements of the unit(s)
- Manage technical development/innovation projects in liaison with our manufacturers (both UK and Europe)
- Understand unit software programs, with view to developing and enhancing these
- Produce, develop and modify unit CAD drawings
- Create and maintain technical documentation and processes for UK and Europe
- Lead consultation and design activities in relation to new fleet
- Undertake site surveys at host hospitals to establish feasibility of unit installation, movement and site access, writing up formal site reports as required
- Attend customer meetings as required
- Participate in unit delivery and/or removal activities
- Liaise as required with technical maintenance contractors, and ensure servicing/remedial works are undertaken to schedule