New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and driven Buyer/Expeditor, who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based in Coventry. They are offering a excellent salary package of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
Privately owned for over 35 years, and now one of the UK’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies, our client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Buyer/Expeditor to join their busy and expanding team in Coventry.
Responsibilities as their Buyer/Expeditor:
You will be responsible for the effective purchasing off all required goods into the company ensuring the best service and price is achieved at all times. You also will ensure that all outstanding purchase orders with all suppliers and subcontractors are progressed effectively and all anomalies are agreed and rectified.
- To action all purchase order requests for day to day items
- To purchase all contract specific steel ensuring that the purchase price is within the quoted value to maximise profit.
- To feed back to the relevant Sales Estimator any discrepancies between the price quoted and the price that the item was purchased at for all contract specific orders.
- The raising of all subcontracts route card orders.
- Passing any expedite information received as a reply to purchase orders raised to the expeditor.
- Obtaining sufficient quotations and negotiating with suppliers to achieve the best possible price and service on every order.
- Other duties as and when required
Skills and Experience Required to become their Buyer/Expeditor:
- You must possess excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Be able to work to and achieve tight deadlines.
- Must have worked in a similar position
Buyer/Expeditor Working Hours: Mon to Thu 7.30am – 4.00pm, Fri 7.30am – 3.00pm
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) with the potential to increase to 31 days.
- Free car parking
- Company Pension scheme
- Employee Benefit Loan scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role of Buyer/Expeditor then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!