New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic CNC Programmer/Setter Milling and/or Turning to join their busy engineering team based in Blackburn, Lancs. They are offering the successful CNC Programmer an excellent salary of £12.00-£16.00 per hour DOE plus shift allowances.
Established for over 35 years and now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning engineering, fabrication and machining companies, requires an experienced and gifted CNC Programmer/Setter/turner for their purpose built facility at the Blackburn site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and capable CNC Programmer/Setter/turner, who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering firm.
CNC Programmer Responsibilities:
Working within a predominantly low batch machining cell this role is to program, set and operate vertical and horizontal CNC Machining Centers.
Due to the type of work, frequent and efficient setups are required. There is also a need to be involved in the inspection process for 1st off checks and in process checks.
With a high attention to detail, this role will require an engineer from an environment of high tolerance, low batch work.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their CNC Programmer:
- A minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in a technical machining background
- Ability to program one of the following controls/machines Haas, Fanuc, or Mazak would be an advantage
- Experience of 3rd and 4th axis is essential and 5th axis would be a strong advantage
- Highest standards of H&S and Quality is essential
- Ability to interpret detailed engineering drawings and deliver conforming parts
- Working with various materials including exotic grade alloys
- A detailed understanding of engineering drawing, tooling selection, work holding & cutting strategy is essential
- A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate and support a successful team.
CNC Programmer Working Hours: Shift rotation 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next CNC Programmer please click ‘Apply’ now!