Machine Shop Estimator
New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Machine Shop Estimator to join their busy engineering team based in Blackburn, Lancs. They are offering the successful Machine Shop Estimator an excellent salary of £30,000 - £34,000 per annum.
Established for over 35 years and now one of the North West’s leading and award winning Engineering companies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering firm.
Machine Shop Estimator Responsibilities:
This is an interesting and varied role, which involves working on some excellent engineering projects, bringing fantastic prospects for the right candidate within a rapidly expanding modern company. The successful candidate will have proven experience in an estimating role, and will be responsible for the following:
- Handling multiple and varied projects.
- Interpretation of customers’ requirements from drawings or computer models.
- Liaison with material and sub contract service suppliers to determine best external costs.
- Liaison with customers and follow up of potential sales.
- Generation of machine shop processes and routings with appropriate times to determine machining costs
- Preparation of detailed quotations
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Machine Shop Estimator:
- A highly motivated and proactive time served machinist who can demonstrate successful experience in a similar role.
- You must be familiar with all aspects of CNC machining and also be conversant with current tooling developments.
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills and a high level of commercial awareness.
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to manage own work load and work under pressure in a busy environment
Machine Shop Estimator Working Hours: Monday- Friday 8am-5pm (40 hours per week)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Machine Shop Estimator please click ‘Apply’ now!