Welding and Engineering Instructor
New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Welding and Engineering Instructor who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Rotherham. They are offering the successful Welding and Engineering Instructor a competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Welding and Engineering Instructor Role
To understand the training requirements of the business. To develop and implement a plan to include delivery of training, which will enable employees to develop in line with departmental and organisational growth.
Key Responsibilities as our Welding and Engineering Instructor:
- To oversee and instruct the apprentices within the Engineering training program alongside the Training and Development Manager
- To oversee and take responsibility for the academy and apprentices in the absence of the Training and Development Manager
- Instruct apprentices on welding and fabrication techniques including MIG/TIG/MMA
- Monitor and progress of all apprentices and provide feedback to the Training and Development and HR Manager
- Ensure written evidence of the progress of each individual apprentice is kept up to date
- Carry out regular mentor appraisals with apprentices to discuss and resolve any issues concerns
- -Liaise with college to ensure any in house project compliments work being carried out at college and the apprentices can use as part of course work
- Liaise with HR regarding training skills matrix
- Deliver FLT / Crane / Slinging and Lifting etc. in-house as required for new starters and refreshers
- Ensure the equipment used by the academy is maintained
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Welding and Engineering Instructor:
- Ability to develop and deliver training
- Time served Welder, capable of producing work to a very high standard.
- Apprentice Trained
- Ability to work efficiently and build effective working relationships
- PTLLS Qualification (desirable but not essential)
- CSWIP Qualification (desirable but not essential)
Welding and Engineering Instructor Working Hours: 8.00am – 4.00pm, 37.50pw
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Welding and Engineering Instructor please click ‘Apply’ now!