Energy Consultant / Energy Engineer / Energy Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Energy Consultant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is seeking to recruit an Experienced Energy Consultant to join their growing team. The successful candidate will be based at the firm’s Glasgow office. The position may require travel (including occasional overnight stays) throughout the U.K., possibly extending to Ireland and Europe depending on project requirements.
Education and Experience:
* Honours or Masters’ Degree in an appropriate Engineering or Science discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering…).
* Membership (graduate, affiliate, associate or full) of a related professional institute for example: Energy Institute (EI) or Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
* Experience as an energy consultant or mechanical/building services engineer in consulting, industry or government.
* Energy auditing and systems design experience.
The successful candidate will:
* Be self-motivated with a desire and enthusiasm to be successful.
* Have excellent personal interface and communications abilities.
* Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Have strong analytical skills.
* Be a ‘self-starter’ and commercial awareness is an advantage.
* Be proficient in Microsoft Office Professional software packages, AutoCAD experience is also desirable for this position.
* Have a full U.K. driving license and clean driver record.
* Be eligible to work in the U.K.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering team and will be involved in all aspects of professional input to energy consulting and engineering projects. Typical projects will include
* Conducting energy conservation audits for manufacturing, public sector and commercial organisations and development and implementation of a prioritised action plans;
* Preparation of business cases for energy improvement projects;
* Auditing energy systems and processes;
* Low energy building systems design;
* Conducting feasibility studies and design for application of renewable and low carbon technologies.
The successful candidate will also provide marketing and business development support, identifying new clients and opportunities, to support the growth and expansion of the team primarily within Glasgow.
The successful candidate will work within a supportive, friendly and driven team, contributing to meeting team targets.
Some travel is involved, for which a company pool car is available. Occasionally travel by air will be required, for which a valid passport and photo ID is required.
About the Company
Our Client is an integrated environmental, engineering, health and safety, and sustainable consultancy. They are an Equal Opportunities Employer and offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. Our Client supports career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements. Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of their salary expectations.
For further information on this vacancy and/or to apply for this position in complete confidence, please send a CV and Covering Letter, identifying how your qualifications, experience and attributes match the job description above.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES. THANK YOU
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Energy Consultant, Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineer, IMechE, Energy Auditor, Environmental Consultant, Systems Design Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Engineering Consultant, Energy Engineer, Energy Manager may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Energy Consultant / Energy Engineer / Energy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly