Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath
£19,934.18 (starting salary subject to experience)
Our client is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. They now help nearly 190,000 cats and kittens through their network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
The charity is looking to recruit a Maintenance Assistant to work as part of an established team within the Facilities and Maintenance department. It will be the responsibility of the Maintenance Assistant to undertake general building, maintenance and facilities duties relating mainly to our client’s National Cat Centre.
- To carry out buildings and site general maintenance work, including painting and decorating and fault finding
- To assist in any sub-contractor work or maintenance that is undertaken within the buildings or site
- To monitor the operation for the maintenance of the heating system
- To have a general working knowledge of the electrical systems to all site buildings
- To be proactive in the repair of minor leaks or defects to the plumbing system
- To be proactive in external works (e.g. grass cutting, tree pruning, lake maintenance, pathway clearance, guttering, snow clearing) as well as general maintenance and cleaning of pool cars
- To be able to provide alternative or relief cover for emergency call outs as and when they occur
- To assist with banking duties when required
- To assist with warehouse & facilities duties where appropriate and in compliance with health and safety. - To undertake driving duties on request
- Any other duties as requested by the Facilities & Maintenance Manager or Senior Maintenance Officer which may include working out of hours or at other sites on an occasional basis
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role with a working knowledge of carpentry, grounds work and basic plumbing/electrical tasks, also an understanding of health and safety requirements
- You must have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a full clean UK Driving Licence as driving is required occasionally plus your own transport due to our client’s rural location
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with our client’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
Closing Date: 28th June 2017
Interview Date: TBC
To reward you, our client has a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. The organisation also offers a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of Maintenance Assistant, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Maintenance Assistant, Maintenance Technician, Carpenter, Facilities Maintenance Technician, Electrician, Plumber, General Operative, Site Operative, Junior Maintenance Engineer.