Quality Engineer – Automotive – 6 Month FTC - New Mills
Quality Engineer – Automotive – North West
6-month Fixed Term Contract - 28-33K Pro-rata
My client is a market leading manufacturer of parts for the Automotive sector. The Client is looking for someone to come in on a 6-month fixed term contract with the main duty to help ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained, at optimum cost.
The role will involve:
supporting productivity and continuous improvement activities
- Carrying out problem solving resolution and leadership using appropriate techniques
- Interface to the customer base on quality issues
- Attending customer bases as required
- Practically supporting and run quality improvement teams
- Ensure all scrapped and quarantined product are correctly controlled and reported
- Support the APQP process
- Use and update Control Plans and FMEA’s as appropriate
- Develop and improve measurement systems where required
- Ensure that products and process meet quality requirements as efficiently as possible
- Ensure local adherence to integrated management systems in line with site accreditation and legislation for Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety
- Ensures the health, safety and welfare of self and others at all times
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A practical knowledge of automotive tools such as PPAP, APQP, MSA , SPC , Control Plans , PMFEA, Process Flows.
- Good understanding and practice in using problem solving tools.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Competency at using Microsoft Office applications.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be trained in Six Sigma
- Have experience in both Internal and External Auditing
- A working knowledge of TS16949:2009
- of 3 years of Quality Engineering work experience.
In return, the company can offer a strong pro-rata salary of around £32-33K plus benefits. The business is looking to arrange interviews as soon as possible and so interested parties should apply in the first instance, to Ronan at McIver Knight without delay.
Please apply including your latest CV or you can call Ronan at MK Associates for a confidential discussion regarding your career on 0161 826 9466.