Control System Engineer
Matrix is currently seeking a Control Systems Engineer.
The ideal candidate is to have good practical experience commissioning Siemens variable speed drives, Siemens PLC (STEP 7) and Siemens 840D CNC controls.
Company: Matrix Machine Tool (Coventry) Ltd
Location: Coventry & Possibly some Overseas Travel Required
Salary: Competitive (Dependant on experience)
Position Type: Permanent
Contract: Full Time- (Working Hours: Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4pm, Friday 7.30am - 3pm)
- Commission our range of CNC grinding machines.
- Measuring system calibrations and preparation of the machine for production trials.
- Loading of module data files, initial power on tests, drive calibration & drive tuning.
- Test of electrical control circuits & Test safety circuits.
- Load & Test of CNC system & HMI (Siemens 840D) & Load & Test digital drives (Mainly Siemens).
- Design of control circuits (hardware and software), for additional equipment test safety circuits.
- Functional Testing of the machine tool to product and contract specifications.
- Machine alignment & laser calibration.
- Provide Customer support.
This position requires a well-motivated, confident Control System Engineer who can demonstrate the following;
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuit diagrams.
- Experienced with AC & DC control circuits (LV).
- Experienced with setup and commissioning of inverter drives & servo motors.
- Good working knowledge of actuators & sensors.
- Practical experience of fault finding on electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Have understanding and practical working knowledge of CNC machine tools.
- Experience of reading & writing PLC programs (STEP 7).
- Competent use of PC equipment, windows, office applications, STEP 7 and EPLAN.P8.
- Basic NC Programming experience (Siemens 840D experience advantageous).
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join a forward thinking global market leader and to work within a skilled, friendly team. There will be further opportunities to expand your current skill set & knowledge base.
The company offers 25 days holiday per year + 8 statutory bank holidays. In addition to this there is an overseas travel allowance and days in lieu to compensate for any weekend travel. There is also a Pension & Health Care scheme in place.
To apply for this position, please click on Apply button.