Apprentice P-Way / Infrastructure / Engineering
Job Title: Apprentice P-Way
Salary: £15,600 per annum (40 hours a week + overtime)
Job Type: Contract (2 year period)
Scheme: Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 (equivalent to 2 A-levels)
There are many routes to a successful career and an apprenticeship is one of them. It will give you the foundations you need to progress through the engineering profession and allow you to earn money while you learn. Our Client’s apprentices will join them for an initial two year period. But they encourage you to think of this as just the start of your journey, as there are many other opportunities on offer
About the Company
Our Client is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of railway infrastructure services, they are award-winning specialists having designed and constructed all forms of railways across Europe and the UK.
As a business they specialise in:
* High Speed Lines
* Light /Metro Lines
* Freight Operator
* Track Laying, Renewal and Maintenance
* Operation and Maintenance of On Track Plant
* High Voltage and Traction Power
* Electrification & Signalling
* Rolling Stock Refurbishment & Maintenance
* Multidisciplinary Projects
* Design & Surveying
* Control & Communication systems
They operate under three main business functions Rail Services, Urban and Infrastructure. This role is within the Infrastructure division and is all about speed and quality – reconciling the demands of minimising ‘possession’ time with laying track to the highest standards of accuracy. Meticulous planning, strong site management and investment is how they have squared this circle and become the UK’s largest renewals contractor.
The Company believes the investment made in training and development is vital to maintain competitive advantage. They are committed to utilising training and development to ensure that every possible opportunity is available to their staff. They offer structured training schemes for apprentices, technicians and graduates and employees are also encouraged to pursue, on their own initiative, continuing education and training, particularly when this leads to vocational and professional qualifications relevant to their work.
Purpose of the Role
During the two year scheme as a P-Way Apprentice you will attend block release training and learn the more advanced skills of your technical specialism. You will support the Lead Engineer and Technical Officers in all technical matters associated with the planning and construction of the allocated multi-disciplinary sites; co-ordinate, with the guidance and support of the fully qualified Technical Officers, all aspects of construction and associated works with the other discipline; and deliver construction work safely to the level of quality expected by the company and the Client; to budget and in line with all relevant standards, processes and procedures.
Key Success Measures
* Safety – Support the implementation of the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) strategy, associated actions and resulting initiatives, to deliver continuous improvement.
* Profitability – Promote the need and use of company established frameworks. Assist in negotiations with suppliers.
* Quality – Ensure all documentation and records are maintained in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9000 local working instructions.
* Respect – Treat people in a fair and consistent way. Consistently strive to understand client’s needs and requirement.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
* Ensure proposed construction plans are safe, cost effective, and achievable.
* Work towards and gain the necessary knowledge and experience to becoming a fully Qualified Technical Officer.
* Carry out analysis, prepare plans/programmes, detailed site/track/topographical surveys, review or check Particular Specification, designs or estimates, undertake detailed planning, site visits and progress work as directed.
* Will be expected to gain competences in all technical, skills, sentinel and behavioural duties.
* Maths and English GCSE level of C and above and/or AS or A levels providing a minimum of 120 UCAS points.
* Be committed to complete a two year programme & work shifts that are key to operational delivery (weekends, nights and bank holidays)
* Have a positive approach to work and learning
* Ambitious and driven
* Team player
* Good communication skills (written/verbal)
* Have a passion for the rail industry
* A desire to continually develop
On successful completion of the two year Level 3 Apprentice Scheme there will also be the option to progress onto the Level 4 Apprentice Scheme or progress within the business in the role of Technical Officer.
Please click the APPLY button and then CHECK YOUR EMAIL for the link to continue your application.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Apprentice P- Way, Engineering Apprentice, Infrastructure Apprentice, Trainee, Graduate, Engineering Graduate, Trainee Engineer, Technical Apprentice, Trainee Technical Engineer, Junior Infrastructure Engineer, Support Trainee Technician, Infrastructure Technician, Service Engineering Apprentice, Graduate Support Technician, Health & Safety, Technical Support and Rail Systems Apprentice may also be considered for this role.