East Grinstead, West Sussex (office based, with occasional UK or overseas travel)
Up to £55,000 Plus Annual Bonus, Medical Insurance, Pension, Life Assurance, Laptop, Mobile Phone, 25 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holidays
If you are a forward-thinking engineering professional with a superb management style, this is a brilliant opportunity to join a business that sets the standards within their industry.
Our client is recruiting on behalf of the world’s leading supplier of reaction-to-fire testing equipment. They are now looking for an Engineering Manager to join their team in East Grinstead.
Within a fast-paced and engaging environment, you will have the chance to develop a passionate team whilst influencing and shaping a pioneering company’s product offering.
As the Engineering Manager, you will lead the Design and Development Team and oversee the company’s product development and improvement programmes.
In this exciting role, you will take ownership of all design and development and engineering activities. You will project manage new product developments and applications, ensuring that next generation instruments are fit-for-purpose and are delivered within budget.
As part of your role, you may sometimes be required to travel in the UK and occasionally overseas.
Specifically, your duties will involve:
- Leading by example and maintaining high morale within your team
- Ensuring that the Design and Development Team meet customer and company requirements
- Co-ordinating the contributions of technical personnel, including Development Engineers
- Ensuring adherence to agreed timetables
- Designing and specifying component parts or materials
- Liaising with established sub-contractors and service and component suppliers
- Reporting on product status
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience of organising and controlling engineering design and development personnel
- A track record of managing, co-ordinating and communicating with a wide range of specialist engineering and production personnel
- Experience gained within small to medium sized high technology private sector manufacturing organisations
- Previous experience of CAD and SolidWorks, as well as related design features and applications
- A current driving licence
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally, if required
- A degree level qualification in an engineering or scientific discipline
Highly motivated and decisive, as the Engineering Manager you’ll have good communication skills and a collaborative work style. You will also have a deadline-oriented approach and excellent time-management abilities.
Please note, our client does not wish to be contacted by agencies.
To apply for the role of Engineering Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Engineering Manager, Product Development Manager, Design & Development Manager, New Product Development Manager, Engineering Product Development Manager, Technical Product Development Manager, Engineering Project Manager, Engineering.
Working hours: 39 hours per week