Senior EIA Consultant / Environmental Planner / EIA Planner
Job Title: Senior Planning and EIA Consultant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is an independent integrated environmental, health and safety, energy consulting and engineering firm, and was established in 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Since then, the firm has grown to employ 35 motivated engineers, scientists and supporting professionals across the U.K., and over 35% of their staff are now shareholders in the firm. They have regional offices in: Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, and Liverpool.
Rising enquiries in environmental planning, EIA and contaminated land projects has opened up this development opportunity for a well-networked individual with a great technical track-record in Scotland.
They are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Planning and EIA Consultant to join their growing team in the Glasgow office. The position may require travel, occasional overnight stays throughout the U.K., and potentially work trips to Ireland, Europe and further overseas depending on project requirements. A positive place to work, our Client aims to implement the motto ‘See a Difference’ in everything that they do.
The ideal candidate will possess:
* A BSc or MSc in EIA / Environmental Planning discipline;
* Full membership of IEMA or equivalent professional body and/or be a Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv);
* A successful track record of EIA Project Management and ES delivery;
* A thorough understanding of EIA, including best practice guidelines, planning processes and environmental assessment methods;
* A network of business, client and regulatory contacts;
* Excellent presentation and influencing skills with the ability to win projects;
* Excellent report writing and client liaison skills;
* Experience of working within an integrated consultancy environment; and
* Adaptable and flexible combined with technical excellence.
The following is desirable:
* Experience in contaminated land site assessment and remedation, including site works and driller supervision.
* Compliance auditing skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
* Be self-motivated with a desire and enthusiasm to be successful.
* Have excellent personal interface and communications abilities.
* Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Have strong analytical skills.
* Be a ‘self-starter’ and commercial awareness is an advantage.
* Have effective project delivery skills - delivering to the right quality, on time and in budget.
* Be proficient in Microsoft Office Professional software packages, AutoCAD experience is also desirable for this position.
* Have a full U.K. driving licence and clean driver record.
The successful applicant will successfully lead the Company Planning and EIA services and will work within the Company's Environment, Quality and Training team. Responsibilities will include:
* Leading business development and marketing activities to win projects.
* Preparation of fee proposals and bids.
* Appointing, managing and coordinating inputs from the range of specialist sub-consultants, and ensuring that their outputs meet the required standards.
* Leading the co-ordination and delivery of Planning, EIA and SEA projects.
* Managing and authoring of environmental reports to the highest standard, in accordance with project timescales and best practice guidelines.
* Project management and delivery of Environmental Statements / Reports.
* Undertaking contaminated land site assessment and remediation projects in line with relevant standards.
* Effective communication with clients, colleagues, partner organisations, statutory and non-statutory consultees and sub-contractors.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a successful and expanding team.
The selected candidate will work within a supportive and driven team, contributing to meeting Group targets for sales, successful project delivery and client satisfaction.
Some travel will be involved; company pool cars are available. Occasionally travel by air will be required, for which a valid passport and photo ID is required.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunities Employer with a successful 21-year track record in the environmental sector and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. The Company supports career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements. Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of their salary expectations.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES. THANK YOU
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Planning & EIA Consultant, Senior Environmental Consultant, Senior EIA Environmental Consultant, Senior Environmental Planner, EIA Environmental Planner, Chartered Environmentalist, EIA Project Manager, Senior EIA Project Controller, EIA Environmental Coordinator, EIA Environmental Consultancy, Strategic Environmental Assessment, AutoCAD, Environmental Engineering Consultant, Health & Safety Consultant, Energy Consultancy, Environmentalist, Director Level Environmentalist, Principal Environmentalist, Senior EIA Environmentalist may also be considered for this role.