Electro-Magnetic Design Engineer
- Full Time
Force Engineering is a company with a truly global scope, dedicated to the development, design and production of Linear Induction Motors and other electro-magnetic and permanent magnet solutions.
Working across a wide range of industries and markets with a constantly changing range of applications, Force offers large volume manufacturing to global blue-chip companies, small batch or one-off production for niche manufacturers as well as engineering consultancy services.
Design and manufacturing work is almost exclusively project based, responding both to customer enquiries and by bringing developed products to market.
A Project Engineer is required to assist with the electro-magnetic and mechanical design of linear induction and linear synchronous motors, other magnet products and the applicable control systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited too;
· Liaising with customers and contractors; attending meetings on site, video conference or phone
· Identifying customer requirements from basic specification details or expressed ideas
· Reading design specifications and technical drawings and modelling solutions using Finite Element Analysis and proprietary software
· Estimating costs and timescales for manufacture
· Ensuring systems and products comply with customer requirements and international legal standards
· Identifying and specifying critical and significant characteristics to be included in manufacturing drawings and specifications
· Preparing product documentation, writing reports and giving presentations
· Generate financial assessments and cost analyses
· Handle and store data with due regard to both Company and customer confidentiality
· Support a safe working environment in accordance with Company procedures and current legislation
· Adopt a total quality philosophy by: seeking opportunities for continuous improvement; eliminating waste; communicating effectively; striving to exceed internal and external customer expectations
· Support other Company activities as required
· Minimum of honours degree in Electrical Engineering and 3 years experience designing electromagnetic systems.
· Good working knowledge of magnetic materials and their use in electrical machines
· Experience of designing accurate FEA models is essential, preferably in MAGNET or Mega
· Comprehensive skills in both Excel and Visual Basic programming knowledge are essential.
· PLC programming skills and knowledge an advantage.
· Good drafting skills in 2D or 3D CAD packages are also required.
· Self motivated individual willing to involve themselves in all aspects of the design and manufacturing of product. The ability to prioritise workload and respond to the changing needs of different projects is essential.
· Good team worker, able to lead when required but also deferring as appropriate.
· Good at solving complex problems, having assessed more than one potential solution
· A good standard of written and spoken technical English is required, foreign language skills would be an advantage but not essential.
· Willingness to grow and learn within the business is preferred as well as a desire to bring new ideas and fresh approaches to the team as we drive the business forward.
· Some national and international travel may be required, usually no more than 1 week away at a time.
The role may develop to include direct management of external customers and suppliers.
Support to gain further industry recognised and/or academic qualifications may be offered
Apply for Electro-Magnetic Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly