Quality Engineer/Technician - Cumbria - £25-30K
Quality Engineer/Technician – Subsea, electronics and instrumentation – Cumbria 25-30K
Permanent positon, Monday- Friday, 37.5 hours + flexitime
My client is looking for a Quality Engineer/Technician who must have:
- HNC level or equivalent qualification, in a manufacturing engineering discipline.
- Qualified auditor to ISO 9001:2015 standard requirements.
- Audit process experience including vendor and internal auditing.
- A knowledge of goods soldering practices such as IPC and general manufacturing workmanship requirements.
Other necessary skills and qualities:
- Good inspection skills to check goods against appropriate drawings or documentation.
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to think logically and methodically.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Knowledge of document control software packages
Within the role you will be:
- Developing and implementing quality management systems in a manufacturing industry.
- Analysing, identifying and implementing manufacturing and business process improvements which will improve capability and performance.
- Dealing with vendor NCR’s and liaising with vendor representatives.
- Creating and maintaining company documentation, such as quality procedures.
- Supporting members of the Supply Chain team by offering recommendations and sharing results.
- Maintaining and controlling calibration records for all test and inspection equipment.
- Applying good manufacturing practice and observing that it is being adhered to. Performing tests and measurements using existing measurement equipment.
- Participating with the team to help make necessary improvements and changes to all process related issues in the business.
In return, the company can offer a strong salary of around £25-30K plus benefits. The business is looking to arrange interviews as soon as possible and so interested parties should apply in the first instance, to Ronan at McIver Knight without delay.
Please apply including your latest CV or you can call Ronan at MK Associates for a confidential discussion regarding your career on 0161 826 9466.