Team Leader / Engineering Supervisor - Smart Metering
Job Title: Team Leader X4
Location: Field based
Salary: up to £30,000
Our client provides installs, maintenance, services and gas repairs to metering systems in domestic and commercial properties for many suppliers and contractors around the UK.
The Team Leader will play a pivotal role in the Smart Metering operation, to provide exemplary performance coaching to a team of 10 engineers in delivering a first class customer service to increase the profitability of the business whilst remaining committed to treating customers fairly.
The Team Leader will hold performance responsibility of their team to maintain the highest performance possible. To achieve this, aim the following accountabilities will be the focus of the Team Leader role.
* The Team Leader will coach and develop their team to improve their team’s performance in all areas including, Safety, Technical Knowledge, Customer Service, Productivity
* The Team Leader will maintain coaching logs to keep an accurate record of their team’s activities and performance, feeding back areas of concern to the Team Manager
* Complete field visits to measure high compliance to the business’s Safety and Data requirements
* The Team Leader will carry out One to One Coaching Visits in customers home to improve the engineer’s performance, and providing great customer service and safety
* The Team Leader will use Management Information to review performance and determine areas of focus
* The Team Leader will maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders such as, planning & Training Centre
* The Team Leader will support the Team Manager with building relationships and to welcome the new Engineers into their team. Support the new Engineer on their mentoring process through to full qualification
* Complete mentor & coaching visits and update coaching documents
* The Team Leader will be responsible for providing first response to the customers property to investigate and resolve the complaints where practicable the customers satisfaction.
* The Team Leader will support the Team Managers in Team Briefs
* Mandatory briefs will be delivered by the T/L in conjunction with the Team Managers Safety Assurance Expert
The Jobholder will operate in a field based environment. They will strive to exceed standards and targets, and work both flexibly and smartly to deliver a first class customer service. They will also serve as a role model to the rest of the team in the way they conduct themselves and deliver exceptional performance
The Jobholder will be equipped with a van, hand held terminal, tools, uniform, consumables, meters, communication devices and home display units to enable the installation and maintenance of meters. Personal pride and care will always be taken with equipment, ensuring its safe use and storage, with periodic recharging in the home as required
Knowledge and Qualifications
* Exemplary attitude to health, safety and the working environment at all times
* Strong communication skills
* Ensures deadlines and targets are met, understanding the impact of timescales to both the customer and business
* Team Leaders will have held all the relevant metering qualifications for 12 months and demonstrate that they maintain these skills through the renewal process.
* Has an advanced level of technical skill to install and maintain domestic and commercial gas and electric meters and relevant communication devices. For gas metering, work to the highest safety and quality standards required by the Gas Safe Register through attained accreditation. For electricity metering, work to the highest safety and quality standards required within the electricity metering industry through attained accreditation i.e. MOCOPA equivalent standards
* Displays excellent problem solving and analytical skills and possesses the ability to interpret data
* Written and verbal communications skills
* Coaching Skills
* Manage Self
* Advanced knowledge of the tools, equipment, Personal protective equipment and personal communication devices/ computers
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Engineering Team Manager, Installations Manager, Smart Metering Maintenance Supervisor, Operations Manager, Team Leader, Construction Team Coordinator, Maintenance Supervisor, Construction Manager, Utilities Manager, Senior Team Leader, Electrical Engineering Manager, Operations Supervisor, Gas Maintenance will be considered for this role.