Air Exports Customer Services Coordinator – Freight
Job Title: Air Exports Customer Service Coordinator
Location: Heathrow, London
Salary: up to £28,000
The company is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean Freight with comprehensive Value-Added Logistics Services and Supply Chain Services. They operate a global network with some 500 branches in more than 80 countries, and employ approximately 16,000 people worldwide.
They’re now looking to bring on an Air & Ocean Customer Facing Coordinator to join their team in Heathrow to provide a high level of customer service to their customers. This will be through taking bookings arranging collections and looking after the profitability on all shipments.
* Communicate with UK based suppliers / customers and co-ordinate their airfreight movements.
* Communication with destination houses and customers.
* Arrange Collections.
* Financial information on a file to file basis (Buying rate / selling rates).
* Complete e-file templates for document processing.
* Work with document processing department.
* Follow company standards and governance guidelines as laid down for Air Freight (banned commodities, restricted countries, hazardous goods and sanctioned countries).
* Awareness and action to assist delivery of individual/departmental/BU KPI’s.
* Comply with aviation security regulations.
* Follow customer / client SOP’s.
* Providing quotations to existing customers and destination houses.
* Work with sales to on-board new business.
* Deliver individual and departmental KPI’s.
* The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
* Aviation Security.
* Ensure GDP-compliance. Maintain the standards of GDP (Good Distribution Practice) following local and corporate procedures.
* Functional experience in Air Exports preferred.
* Confidence to speak to customers / agents / offices both face to face and on the phone.
* Knowledge of Panalpina products and services.
* Strong administration skills.
* Knowledge of freight software tools.
* Ability to follow processes.
* Customer focused.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Able to work independently or in a team where required.
* Able to solve problems.
* Able to use own judgment.
* Able to prioritize and meet advised deadlines.
* Focus on output.
* Fluent in English (spoken and written).
* Commercial experience.
* Strong computer skills on Microsoft Office.
* The ability to adapt to in-house operating systems.
Given immigration restrictions in the UK/IE, work permits for this position for non EU nationals are unlikely to be granted. In the circumstances, non EU nationals who do not already have the right to work in the UK should ensure that they will be granted such a permit before applying.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Customer Service, Customer Focused, Sales, Trainee, Airfreight Trainee, Freight Forwarding, Account Management, Business Development, Client Relationship Manager, Export Advisor, Development Officer, Business Development Manager will also be considered for this role.