Electrician / Electrical Engineer – Senior Tutor / Lecturer
Job Title: Lecturer (Senior Tutor) – Electrical Installations
Salary: £31,052 - £34,956 per annum with a potential market supplement of up to £5,000 depending on experience & qualifications
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 13th August 2017
Are you looking for a new career direction?
Are you an experienced Electrician/Electrical Engineer?
Do you hold a current NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation or equivalent?
Would you embrace the opportunity to train/support others?
The college, based in Brighton, is looking for a new Lecturer in Electrical Installation to join their team.
- To design, prepare and maintain the course content in consultation with the Head of Department and Curriculum Leader, and to design and create effective programming to deliver the above.
- Teach; undertake tutorials and student assessment within the identified skills areas across the programme area including the preparation of project briefs, marking, advice on employment and exit routes, and the overseeing of part-time project preparation.
- To be responsible for the overall quality, day to day running and delivery of the courses.
- Prepare course and staff timetables in liaison with the Head of Department and the Curriculum Leader.
- To be responsible for student recruitment, retention and destination in liaison with the Head of Department and Curriculum Leader.
- To contribute to the selection of professional performance events relevant to the Department and to undertake relevant project management as appropriate.
- To promote and maintain links with profession/industry and other institutions.
- To keep abreast of cultural and technological innovations within the specialist skills area.
- To plan and carry out the executions of course related exhibitions, displays, shows, events and performances.
- To be responsible for providing course statistics, student records and course documentation including course review and evaluation.
- To effectively oversee the performance of all full-time and part-time teaching staff on the course.
- To maintain relevant records, registers and marking.
- To provide statistics, details of student recruitment, retention and destination.
- To draw up student and course handbook material.
- To be conversant with, write and prepare all relevant documentation for the courses.
- Employment within an educational environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Further education qualifications.
- Recent substantial professional/industrial experience in one or more construction trades.
- Experience of working with students of all ages (including younger students).
- Full, clean driving license.
- Full Teaching Qualification.
- Assessor Awards.
- First Aid certificate.
- Degree or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of current developments in the post 16 sector curriculum.
- Understanding of curriculum management, organisation and administration.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good keyboard and IT skills.
- Ability to relate to and understand challenges and issues of young adult learners.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Attending meetings outside normal office hours.
- Occasional work on other college sites.
- Working knowledge of the internet & Virtual Learning Environments.
- A first degree or equivalent relevant professional qualification in relevant subject area.
- Teaching qualifications and experience and Assessor/Verifier Awards are essential.
- An understanding and knowledge of curriculum management, organisation and administration within Further and Higher Education.
- The ability to work dynamically and creatively within a team and meet deadlines is essential.
- Professional experience in the subject area is also an advantage.
- Participate in College probationary review and appraisal processes, agree objectives with the line manager and ensure they are achieved.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Electrician, Electrical Installation Lecturer, Education Lead, Lecturer, Academic Lead, College Tutor, Electrical Installation Tutor, Electrical Installation Tutor, Assessor, Electrical Engineer, Plant Fitter, College Assessor, Electrician Tutor, Teacher, Electrician, Electrical Installation will also be considered for this role.