Plumber / Pluming Engineer – Senior Tutor / Senior Lecturer
Job Title: Plumber (Lecturer (Senior Tutor) – Plumbing)
Salary: £31,052 - £34,956 per annum
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 13th August 2017
Are you looking for a new career direction?
Are you an experienced Plumber?
Do you hold a current NVQ Level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent?
Would you embrace the opportunity to train/support others?
The college, based in Brighton, is looking for a new Lecturer in Plumbing to join their team.
- To drive and ensure the appropriate delivery of courses within the department, enabling students to develop their potential within the course framework.
- To monitor, develop and teach the curriculum to ensure a quality product through appropriate full and part-time teaching, technical support, work experience and resources available in conjunction with the Head of Department and the Curriculum Leader.
- The post holder will be responsible to the Head of Department and will be accountable for the below list of accountabilities. This list is not exhaustive and may vary from time to time in order that the accountability may be met. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a regrading of the post.
- To design, prepare and maintain the course content in consultation with the Head of Department and Curriculum Leader, and to design and create effective programming to deliver the above.
- Teach; undertake tutorials and student assessment within the identified skills areas across the programme area including the preparation of project briefs, marking, advice on employment and exit routes, and the overseeing of part-time project preparation.
- Prepare course and staff timetables in liaison with the Head of Department and the Curriculum Leader.
- To be responsible for student recruitment, retention and destination in liaison with the Head of Department and Curriculum Leader.
- To contribute to the selection of professional performance events relevant to the Department and to undertake relevant project management as appropriate.
- To develop and encourage inter-disciplinary relationships.
- To promote and maintain links with profession/industry and other institutions.
- To keep abreast of cultural and technological innovations within the specialist skills area.
- To plan and carry out the executions of course related exhibitions, displays, shows, events and performances.
- To undertake such other duties the Head of Department and the Curriculum Leader may from time to time delegate.
- To engage in personal and professional development research activities and staff development appropriate to the post, and participate in the appraisal process.
- To plan and coordinate a programme of study visits (if applicable). To liaise with the premises staff and council representatives in the day to day running of the teaching centre.
- To be responsible for providing course statistics, student records and course documentation including course review and evaluation.
- To effectively oversee the performance of all full-time and part-time teaching staff on the course.
- To maintain relevant records, registers and marking.
- To provide statistics, details of student recruitment, retention and destination.
- To be conversant with, write and prepare all relevant documentation for the courses.
- An understanding and knowledge of curriculum management, organisation and administration within Further and Higher Education.
- The ability to work dynamically and creatively within a team and meet deadlines is essential.
- Professional experience in the subject area is also an advantage.
- The post holder will be expected to work within the Departmental model as appropriate.
- The post holder will be expected to work on any of the College Sites, as required.
- There will also be a requirement for the post holder to undertake first aid training if not already qualified.
- Employment within an educational environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Further education qualifications.
- Recent substantial professional/industrial experience in one or more construction trades.
- Experience of working with students of all ages (including younger students).
- Full Teaching Qualification.
- Assessor Awards.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Full Teaching Qualification.
- Assessor Awards.
- First Aid certificate.
- Degree or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of current developments in the post 16 sector curriculum.
- Understanding of curriculum management, organisation and administration.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good keyboard and IT skills.
- Ability to relate to and understand challenges and issues of young adult learners.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Occasional work on other college sites.
- Working knowledge of the internet & Virtual Learning Environments.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Plumber, Lecturer in Plumbing, College Tutor, Education Lead, Lecturer, Academic Lead, Plumbing Engineer, Plumbing Tutor, Plumbing Lecturer, Project Tutor, Plumber, Plumbing, Construction Tutor Plumber, Plumbing Technician will also be considered for this role.