Coating Application Engineer
It takes some special qualities to become one of the world's leading global Aerospace companies. Innovation. Ground-breaking solutions. World class performance. It's no coincidence that they're precisely the same skills needed in our new state-of-the-art, pre-production facility in Rolls-Royce Bristol.
Your knowledge and experience in Composites will help us in becoming a ''centre of competence'' positioning Bristol as the hub for Composite activity in the UK. You will have the opportunity to be part of an industrialisation team that will set up CTAL's composite pre-production and production facility on the Rolls-Royce Bristol campus. You will work in an advanced manufacturing facility at the forefront of developing the next generation of fan blades and fan cases, made of carbon-fibre composite materials, for Rolls-Royce's future aero engines.
CTAL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rolls-Royce, currently based on the Isle of Wight. CTAL is a pre-production facility, created to deliver the composite fan system (blades and containment case) capability upon which future civil gas turbine products will depend. Between 2017 and 2019 there will be a phased relocation from the current Isle of Wight facility to the Bristol Rolls-Royce campus, where CTAL will grow to become the Rolls-Royce composite centre of competence.
- Develop anti-wear and anti-abrasion coating techniques for carbon / titanium components to achieve a capable method. Capture and analyse data to demonstrate status of coating techniques.
- Develop metallic surface conversion techniques including metal pre-treatment for carbon / titanium components to achieve a capable method. Capture and analyse data to demonstrate status of surface conversion techniques.
- Manage and maintain the integrity of business related data to support development of the surface coating / conversion techniques.
- Ensure surface coating / conversion techniques are capable of meeting requirements for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Lead time.
- Develop the Technical Package (Equipment, TI's, Resource, Tooling, Machining Equipment, HSE documentation, SOP's / Local WI's, Materials) to define the manufacturing process and control it effectively.
- Identify opportunities for new or improved surface coating / conversion techniques to meet current or future requirements. Identify and share best practice. Capture and utilise lessons learned.
- Ensure surface coating / conversion techniques comply with the legal requirements (e.g. regulatory and HS&E) and customer requirements.
- Engineering or relevant discipline degree, HND or HNC with Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge of assembly techniques for carbon and titanium materials including adhesive bonding.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing capability development processes.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing engineering tools.
Whether you are a recent graduate or have a wealth of experience in the Aerospace industry, we would love to hear from you.
Everyone who works for us receives a comprehensive rewards package that reflects our status as a leading global employer. Our aim is to create an environment in which business objectives and job requirements are clear, and in which employees are fairly rewarded for their personal contribution and the overall success of the company.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create the next generation of innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.